Form of: Itself (Bruce)
Celebrity Names & Famous real-life people:
- Bruce Bochy, Giants and Padres baseball team manager and past Padres catcer
- Bruce Molsky, Old Time Fiddler
- Bruce Morrow ("Cousin Brucie"), American radio personality
- Bruce Jenner, Olympic gold medalist and television celebrity
- Bruce Sterling, American science fiction writer
- Bruce Springsteen
- Bruce Mccowan, Former Chair of Professional Engineers Ontario
- Bruce Dern, American actor and intellectual
- Bruce Cockburn, a Canadian folk/rock guitarist and singer-songwriter
- Sir Bruce Forsyth, English TV host and entertainer
- Bruce Seldon, WBA heavyweight and world champion
- Bruce Dickinson, the lead vocalist of Iron Maiden.
- Bruce Willis, American actor
- Bruce McLaren, race car driver and designer
- Bruce Greenwood, Canadian actor and musician
- Bruce Smith, all star NFL defensive end
- Bruce Davison, American actor and director
- Jack Bruce, lead singer of Cream, song writer and bass player
- Bruce Kulick, long time member of KISS and member of Grand Funk Railroad
- Bruce McCulloch, Canadian actor and comedian
- Bruce Carter, American football player
- Bruce Campbell, American actor, director, writer, producer and author
- Bruce Lander (born 1946), Judge of the Federal Court of Australia
- Bruce Lee, martial artist and movie star
- Bruce Grobbelaar, former Zimbabwean football goalkeeper and manager
- Bruce Hornsby, American pianist
- Bruce Boxleitner, American actor
- Bruce Jankowski, American football player
Considering Bruce as a Baby Name?
The first thing you should know if you are considering Bruce for your baby's name is that in most countries all over the world the name Bruce is a boy name.
The name Bruce is of English origin, and is used mostly in English speaking countries but also in a few other countries and languages of the world.
If you consider naming your baby Bruce we recommend you take note of the special meaning and history of the name as your baby’s name will play a big role in its life and your baby will hear it spoken every day. Searching for a name is a very important and fun process as it’s the very first gift you will give to your baby. Many people believe that the name can affect success in life, through their children's working career and other circumstances, so they choose more “respectable” names or name meanings as they believe that the name meaning reflects the personality of the child.
Bruce Name Meaning
The meaning of Bruce is “Woods”. Keep in mind that many names may have different meanings in other countries and languages, so be careful that the name that you choose doesn’t mean something bad or unpleasant. Search comprehensively and find the name meaning of Bruce and its name origin or of any other name in our database. Also note the spelling and the pronunciation of the name Bruce and check the initials of the name with your last name to discover how it looks and sounds. The history and meaning of the name Bruce is fascinating, learn more about it. (If you know more meanings of the name and you would like to contribute click here to submit another name meaning).
Name Bruce Categories
The name Bruce is in the following categories: Celtic Names, Norman Names, Scottish Names, Surnames Names. (If you would like to suggest one or more categories for the name, click here). We have plenty of different baby name categories to search for special meanings plus popular and unique names, search our database before choosing but also note that baby name categories designed to help you and not to be an influential factor when choosing a name. Instead, we recommend that you pay a greater attention to the origin and meaning of the name Bruce. Read our baby name articles for useful tips regarding baby names and naming your baby. If you are thinking of giving your baby the beautiful name Bruce, spread the love and share this with your friends.
Popularity of the Name Bruce
Below you will find the popularity of the baby name Bruce displayed annually, from 1880 to the present day in our name popularity chart. Hover over or click on the dots that represent a year to see how many babies were given the name for that year, for both genders, if available.
Bruce Boy Name Popularity Chart
Bruce Girl Name Popularity Chart
Note: The data above is from the Social Security Administrator of United States, (more info here) from Social Security card applications for births in US for every name, from 1880 up to the present year. The gender associated with the name might be incorrect, as the data presents the record applications without being edited for errors. The name's popularity and ranking is announced annually, so the data for this year will not be available until next year. The more babies that are given a name, the higher popularity ranking the name receives. For names with the same popularity, the tie is solved by assigning popularity rank in alphabetical order. This means that if two or more names have the same popularity their rankings may differ significantly, as they are set in alphabetical order. If a name has less than five occurrences, the SSA excludes it from the provided data to protect privacy.
Do your research and choose a name wisely, kindly and selflessly.
Our research is continuous so that we can deliver a high quality service; our lists are reviewed by our name experts regularly but if you think the information on this page is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know. Use our contact form to submit your suggestions, or leave your comment below.