Form of: Etheldreda
Celebrity Names & Famous real-life people:
- Audrey Niffenegger, American novelist
- Audrey Totter, (1918-2013 ) American actress
- Audrey Lawson-Johnston, last survivor of the shipwreck Lusitania
- Audrey Kitching, model, fashion designer, fashion blogger
- Audrey Munson (1891–1996), American model and actress
- Audrey Penn, American author
- Audrey Tautou, French actress
- Audrey Wasilewski, American voice actress
- Audrey Tang, Taiwanese software programer
- Audrey Wells, American film director
- Audrey Mestre (1974–2002), French athlete
- Audrey Long, American actress
- Audrey Hepburn, British actress and fashion model
- Audrey Richards (1899–1984), British anthropologist
- Audrey Meaney, British archaeologist
- Audrey McLaughlin, Canadian politician, former leader of the New Democratic Party
- Audrey Meadows (1922-1996), American actress
- Audrey Patterson (1926–1996), American athlete
- Audrey Faith Hill (nee Perry), American country singer and model
- Audrey Assad, American contemporary Christian musician
- Audrey Flack, American artist
- Audrey Emery (1904-1971), American socialite and wife of Dmitri Pavlovich of Russia
- Audrey Landers, American actress
- Audrey Terras, American mathematician
- Audrey Williamson, British athlete
- Audrey Malte (Etheldreda Malte, died c. 1555), alleged illegitimate daughter of Henry VIII and a royal laundress
- Audrey Brown (1913–2005), British athlete
- Audrey de Montigny, French-Canadian singer
Considering Audrey as a Baby Name?
The first thing you should know if you are considering Audrey for your baby's name is that in most countries all over the world the name Audrey is a girl name.
The name Audrey is of English origin, and is used in more than one countries and different languages of the world, especially English speaking countries, French speaking countries among others.
If you consider naming your baby Audrey we recommend you take note of the special meaning and history of the name as your baby’s name will play a big role in its life and your baby will hear it spoken every day. Searching for a name is a very important and fun process as it’s the very first gift you will give to your baby. Many people believe that the name can affect success in life, through their children's working career and other circumstances, so they choose more “respectable” names or name meanings as they believe that the name meaning reflects the personality of the child.
Audrey Name Meaning
The meaning of Audrey is “Noble strength”. Keep in mind that many names may have different meanings in other countries and languages, so be careful that the name that you choose doesn’t mean something bad or unpleasant. Search comprehensively and find the name meaning of Audrey and its name origin or of any other name in our database. Also note the spelling and the pronunciation of the name Audrey and check the initials of the name with your last name to discover how it looks and sounds. The history and meaning of the name Audrey is fascinating, learn more about it. (If you know more meanings of the name and you would like to contribute click here to submit another name meaning).
Name Audrey Categories
The name Audrey is in the following categories: Belgian Names, British Names, Cool Names, English Names, French Names, Movie Star Names, Old English Names, Saints Names, Shakespeare Names. (If you would like to suggest one or more categories for the name, click here). We have plenty of different baby name categories to search for special meanings plus popular and unique names, search our database before choosing but also note that baby name categories designed to help you and not to be an influential factor when choosing a name. Instead, we recommend that you pay a greater attention to the origin and meaning of the name Audrey. Read our baby name articles for useful tips regarding baby names and naming your baby. If you are thinking of giving your baby the beautiful name Audrey, spread the love and share this with your friends.
Popularity of the Name Audrey
Below you will find the popularity of the baby name Audrey displayed annually, from 1880 to the present day in our name popularity chart. Hover over or click on the dots that represent a year to see how many babies were given the name for that year, for both genders, if available.
Audrey Boy Name Popularity Chart
Audrey Girl Name Popularity Chart
Note: The data above is from the Social Security Administrator of United States, (more info here) from Social Security card applications for births in US for every name, from 1880 up to the present year. The gender associated with the name might be incorrect, as the data presents the record applications without being edited for errors. The name's popularity and ranking is announced annually, so the data for this year will not be available until next year. The more babies that are given a name, the higher popularity ranking the name receives. For names with the same popularity, the tie is solved by assigning popularity rank in alphabetical order. This means that if two or more names have the same popularity their rankings may differ significantly, as they are set in alphabetical order. If a name has less than five occurrences, the SSA excludes it from the provided data to protect privacy.
Do your research and choose a name wisely, kindly and selflessly.
Our research is continuous so that we can deliver a high quality service; our lists are reviewed by our name experts regularly but if you think the information on this page is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know. Use our contact form to submit your suggestions, or leave your comment below.