Form of: Claude
Celebrity Names & Famous real-life people:
- Claudine Andre, naturalist
- Claudine Auger (born 1942), French actress
- Claudine Barretto (born 1979), Filipino actress
- Claudine Beccarie (born 1945), French pornographic actress
- Claudine Chomat (1915–1995), French activist
- Claudine Clark (born 1941), American musician
- Claudine de Culam (died 1601), French zoophile
- Claudine Doury (born 1959), French photographer
- Claudine Françoise Mignot (1624–1711), French adventuress
- Claudine Grimaldi (c. 1541–1515), Lady of Monaco
- Claudine Guérin de Tencin (1682–1749), French salonist and author
- Claudine Komgang (born 1974), Cameroonian sprinter
- Claudine Lepage (born 1949), French politician
- Claudine LeRoux (born 1964), French sprint canoer
- Claudine Longet (born 1942), French singer
- Claudine Mendy (born 1990), French handball player
- Claudine Mercier (born 1961), Québécoise entertainer
- Claudine Monteil (born 1949), French writer and feminist
- Claudine Munari (born 1954), Congolese politician
- Claudine Muno (born 1979), Luxembourgian author, musician and teacher
- Claudine Rhédey von Kis-Rhéde (1812–1841), Hungarian countess
- Claudine Schaul (born 1983), Luxembourgian tennis player
- Claudine Schneider (born 1947), American politician
- Claudine de la Tour-Turenne (1520–1591), French lady-in-waiting
- Claudine Trécourt (born 1962), French ski mountaineer, guide and teacher
- Claudine Wong, American news reporter
Considering Claudine as a Baby Name?
The first thing you should know if you are considering Claudine for your baby's name is that in most countries all over the world the name Claudine is a girl name.
The name Claudine is of French, Latin origins, which means it has more than one root, and is used in more than one countries and different languages of the world, especially English speaking countries, French speaking countries among others.
If you consider naming your baby Claudine we recommend you take note of the special meaning and history of the name as your baby’s name will play a big role in its life and your baby will hear it spoken every day. Searching for a name is a very important and fun process as it’s the very first gift you will give to your baby. Many people believe that the name can affect success in life, through their children's working career and other circumstances, so they choose more “respectable” names or name meanings as they believe that the name meaning reflects the personality of the child.
Claudine Name Meaning
The meaning of Claudine is “Disabled; Limbing”. Keep in mind that many names may have different meanings in other countries and languages, so be careful that the name that you choose doesn’t mean something bad or unpleasant. Search comprehensively and find the name meaning of Claudine and its name origin or of any other name in our database. Also note the spelling and the pronunciation of the name Claudine and check the initials of the name with your last name to discover how it looks and sounds. The history and meaning of the name Claudine is fascinating, learn more about it. (If you know more meanings of the name and you would like to contribute click here to submit another name meaning).
Name Claudine Categories
The name Claudine is in the following categories: French Names, Uncommon Names, Unusual Names. (If you would like to suggest one or more categories for the name, click here). We have plenty of different baby name categories to search for special meanings plus popular and unique names, search our database before choosing but also note that baby name categories designed to help you and not to be an influential factor when choosing a name. Instead, we recommend that you pay a greater attention to the origin and meaning of the name Claudine. Read our baby name articles for useful tips regarding baby names and naming your baby. If you are thinking of giving your baby the beautiful name Claudine, spread the love and share this with your friends.
Popularity of the Name Claudine
Below you will find the popularity of the baby name Claudine displayed annually, from 1880 to the present day in our name popularity chart. Hover over or click on the dots that represent a year to see how many babies were given the name for that year, for both genders, if available.
Claudine Boy Name Popularity Chart
Claudine Girl Name Popularity Chart
Note: The data above is from the Social Security Administrator of United States, (more info here) from Social Security card applications for births in US for every name, from 1880 up to the present year. The gender associated with the name might be incorrect, as the data presents the record applications without being edited for errors. The name's popularity and ranking is announced annually, so the data for this year will not be available until next year. The more babies that are given a name, the higher popularity ranking the name receives. For names with the same popularity, the tie is solved by assigning popularity rank in alphabetical order. This means that if two or more names have the same popularity their rankings may differ significantly, as they are set in alphabetical order. If a name has less than five occurrences, the SSA excludes it from the provided data to protect privacy.
Do your research and choose a name wisely, kindly and selflessly.
Our research is continuous so that we can deliver a high quality service; our lists are reviewed by our name experts regularly but if you think the information on this page is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know. Use our contact form to submit your suggestions, or leave your comment below.