Form of: Christina
Celebrity Names & Famous real-life people:
- Christine Beck (born 1974), a German football referee and former player
- Christine Brooke-Rose (born 1923), a British writer and literary critic
- Christine Sinclair (born 1983), a Canadian football player who is currently a member of the Canadian National Soccer Tream
- Christine Angot (born 1959), a French writer, novelist and playwright
- Christine Cook (born 1970), retired field hockey defender from England
- Christine Bottomley (born 1979), a British actress
- Christine Anu (born 1970), an Australian pop singer
- Christine Auten (born 1969), an American voice actress and script-writer
- Christine Lahti (born 1950), an Actress and Film Director
- Christine Keiko Agena, a Japanese-American actress
- Christine Adams (athlete) (born 1974), a German pole vaulter
- Christine Beatty (activist) (born 1958), an American writer, musician and transgender activist
- Christine Bannon-Rodrigues (born 1966), American martial artist and actress
- Christine Ockrent (born 1944), Belgian journalist and presenter of French television
- Christine Arron (born 1973), a track and field sprint athlete, competing internationally for France
- Christine Brennan (born 1958), an American sports columnist, TV and radio commentator, and speaker
- Christine Bleakley (born 1979), a Northern Irish television presenter
- Christine McVie (born 1943), a British rock singer, keyboardist and songwriter
- Christine Andreas (born 1951), an American actress and singer
- Christine Fernandes (born 1968), a Brazilian actress
- Christine Amor (born 1952), an Australian actress
- Christine Ben-Ameh (born 1986), a Nigerian soul singer and songwriter
- Christine Truman (born 1941), a British tennis player and French Open Champion.
- Christine Ohurougu (born 1984), a British athlete and former Olympic 400m Champion.
- Christine Michael (born 1990), the only male and American football player running back
- Christine Brewer (born 1955), an American soprano
- Christine Arnothy (born 1930), a French writer
- Christine Amertil (born 1979,) a Bahamian athlete competing mainly in the 400 metres
- Christine Boudrias (born 1972), a Canadian short track speed skater who competed in the 1994 & 1998 Winter Olympics
- Lauren Christine Cimorelli
- Christine Baranski (born 1952), an American stage and screen actress
- Christine Adams, an English actress
Considering Cristine as a Baby Name?
The first thing you should know if you are considering Cristine for your baby's name is that in most countries all over the world the name Cristine is a girl name.
The name Cristine is of Greek origin, and is used in more than one countries and different languages of the world, especially Bulgarian speaking countries, Croatian speaking countries, Dutch speaking countries, English speaking countries, French speaking countries, Greek speaking countries, Italian speaking countries, Polish speaking countries, Romanian speaking countries, Serbian speaking countries, Spanish speaking countries among others.
If you consider naming your baby Cristine we recommend you take note of the special meaning and history of the name as your baby’s name will play a big role in its life and your baby will hear it spoken every day. Searching for a name is a very important and fun process as it’s the very first gift you will give to your baby. Many people believe that the name can affect success in life, through their children's working career and other circumstances, so they choose more “respectable” names or name meanings as they believe that the name meaning reflects the personality of the child.
Cristine Name Meaning
The meaning of Cristine is “Follower of Christ, which is the Greek translation of the Hebrew word "Messiah"”. Keep in mind that many names may have different meanings in other countries and languages, so be careful that the name that you choose doesn’t mean something bad or unpleasant. Search comprehensively and find the name meaning of Cristine and its name origin or of any other name in our database. Also note the spelling and the pronunciation of the name Cristine and check the initials of the name with your last name to discover how it looks and sounds. The history and meaning of the name Cristine is fascinating, learn more about it. (If you know more meanings of the name and you would like to contribute click here to submit another name meaning).
Name Cristine Categories
The name Cristine is in the following categories: Dutch Names, English Names, French Names, German Names, Greek Names, Italian Names, Latin Names, Scandinavian Names, Spanish Names. (If you would like to suggest one or more categories for the name, click here). We have plenty of different baby name categories to search for special meanings plus popular and unique names, search our database before choosing but also note that baby name categories designed to help you and not to be an influential factor when choosing a name. Instead, we recommend that you pay a greater attention to the origin and meaning of the name Cristine. Read our baby name articles for useful tips regarding baby names and naming your baby. If you are thinking of giving your baby the beautiful name Cristine, spread the love and share this with your friends.
Popularity of the Name Cristine
This name is not popular in the US, according to Social Security Administration, as there are no popularity data for the name. This doesn't mean that the name Cristine is not popular in other countries all over the world. The name might be popular in other countries, in different languages, or even in a different alphabet, as we use the characters from the Latin alphabet to display the data. A derivative of the name might also be popular in US. Try searching for a variation of the name Cristine to find popularity data and rankings.
Note: If a name has less than 5 occurrences in a year, the SSA excludes it from the provided popularity data to protect privacy.
Do your research and choose a name wisely, kindly and selflessly.
Our research is continuous so that we can deliver a high quality service; our lists are reviewed by our name experts regularly but if you think the information on this page is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know. Use our contact form to submit your suggestions, or leave your comment below.