Table of Contents
GIVING YOUR BABY A UNIQUE NAME
Parents often look for the most unique baby names and special names that they can give to their children. It doesn’t matter if you’re having a boy or a girl, it’s very important to find a name that your baby can embrace and enjoy as they grow up. The best names are those that have a good meaning, sound great with the child’s surname, and will help your child to stand out as they grow up. So, here you will find some of the top 100 unique names for babies in 2019, but let’s look at a few trends in naming before we see the list.
TRENDS IN UNIQUE BABY NAMES 2019
Some of the trends that are happening going into 2019 are that names coming from locations, political figures, nature, and unisex names are some of the most unique baby names that are coming back into view.
Political names like Winston, Clinton, Monroe, Harrison, and Theodore are taken from older politicians like Winston Churchill, the Bill or Hillary Clinton, Theodore Roosevelt, William Henry Harrison, and James Monroe.
Also, you can find names coming from different parts of nature. Most of these are female names like Lily, Hazel, Aurora (Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights), Iris, Daisy, Ember, Poppy, Astrid, and Reed.
WHERE DO THESE BABY NAMES COME FROM?
Many of the names on this list of unique baby names come from ancient literature references. Names like Atticus, Atlas, Thaddeus, Dinah, Augustine, Silas, and Otis and Enoch have a long history in various literature references. Although they are not all from the same place, these names all have historical use that dates back hundreds of years. They have not been popular in recent years, but in 2019 a return to older, historical names with good meanings may be coming.
Made of Popular Names
One other thing you might notice is that some other names on this list of unique baby names are variations of popular names. Usually the spelling is different in some way that is not popular, such as with Zackery, Noam, Jaxton, Genevieve, Emilia, Maisie, Viviana, Axl, Gaige, Brysen, and Ember.
CELEBRITY’S UNIQUE BABY NAME CHOICES FOR 2019
Even some celebrity couples are taking advantage of special naming trends to find a unique baby name for their own kids! While it’s common knowledge that celebrities don’t always choose the best names for their kids, some of them with a flair for ridiculous names, there is a lot of pressure on those with big names to produce excellent and original names for their offspring. That is why you see so many interesting or crazy names coming out of Hollywood.
However, you can sometimes see naming trends among celebrity names that prove to be excellent name choices that you may even consider for your own child! If you want to find the most unique boy names for 2020 check out this article.
Here are a few of 2019 baby names from the famous people we know and love which fit into our 2019 naming trends:
Here are some other late 2017 and early 2018 celebrity name choices
- Sydney Rain, baby name for Louis Tomlinson and Briana Jungwirth
- Arlo Day Brody, son of Leighton Meester and Adam Brody
- Silas Randall Timberlake, son of Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel
- Otis Alexander Sudeikis, son of Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis
- Sailor Gene Gardner, baby of Liv Tyler and Dave Gardner
- Bodhi Jameson Rein, daughter of Bobby Brown
- Atlas Norton, son of Ed Norton and Shauna Robertson
- Briar Rose Christensen, daughter of Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen
- Saint Lazslo, child of Pete Wentz and Meagan Camper & Saint West, child of Kanye West and Kim Kardashian
- Indigo Baretto, son of Rider Strong
- Quinn Lily, daughter of NFL star Eli Manning
- Tennessee Hawkins, son of Eric Church
- Poppy Berkus, daughter of Nate Berkus
- Atticus James, son of Jennifer Love Hewitt
- Poppy Louise, daughter of Jenna Bush Hager
- Charlie Mae Annable, daughter of Dave Annable and Odette Annable
TOP 100 UNIQUE BABY NAMES FOR 2019:
- Atticus (“From Attica”)
- Atlas (“A Titan”)
- Kai (“Unbreakable, strong”)
- Theodore/Theo (“God-given”)
- Ryker (“Powerful leader”)
- Zackery (“The Lord has remembered”)
- Saint (“A follower of God”)
- Zane (“Gift from God”)
- Aryan (“That which is beyond anyone’s strength”)
- Griffin (“Strong in faith”)
- Broderick (“Descendent of Bruadar”)
- Finnegan (“Little fair one”)
- Flynn (“Son of a red-haired man”)
- Bodhi (“Awakens”)
- Niko (“People’s victory”)
- Remy (“Rower”)
- Sullivan (“Dark eyes”)
- Winston (“From a friend’s town”)
- Russell (“Red-haired”)
- Sydney (Place in Australia)
- Pierce (“A solid rock”)
- Noam (“Pleasantness”)
- Jaxton (“From the town of Jack”)
- Cora (“Maiden”)
- Hazel (From the color or the tree)
- Adeline (“Pleasant”)
- Adelaide (“Nobility”)
- Aurora (“Goddess of the dawn”)
- Arabella (“Yielding to prayer”)
- Evangeline (“Good news”)
- Genevieve (“Of the race of women”)
- Aria (“Melody, song”)
- Iris (A type of flower)
- Lily (A type of flower)
- Clinton (“Settlement on a hill”)
- Wren (“Ruler”)
- Cordelia (“Of the sea”)
- Daisy (A type of flower)
- Annabelle (“Loving”)
- Mabel (“Beautiful, lovable, loving”)
- Gemma (“A gem, a jewel”)
- Sloane (“Warrior”)
- Emilia (“Excel, emulate”)
- Florence (“To flower”)
- Ava (“Bird”)
- Heidi (“Nobility”)
- Kenley (“From the king’s meadow”)
- Juno (“Young”)
- Maisie (“Child of light”)
- Poppy (A type of flower)
- Sabina (“A Sabine”)
- Raelyn (No known meaning)
- Viviana (“Alive”)
- Saige (“Wise, healthy”)
- Shiloh (“the one to whom it belongs”)
- Thelma (“Will”)
- Ines (“Pure, holy”)
- Jada (“Knowing”)
- Blakely (“From the light meadow”)
- Astrid (“Divine strength”)
- Axl (“Father of peace”)
- Augustine (“To increase”)
- Briar (“Thorny, prickly”)
- Brysen (“Son of Brice”)
- Enoch (“Dedicated”)
- Gaige (“Pledge, oath”)
- Gibson (“Gilbert’s son”)
- Ignacio (“Fire”)
- Inigo (“Fiery”)
- Kael (“Slender, fair”)
- Mustafa (“The chosen one”)
- Thaddeus (“Courageous”)
- Zaire (“River”)
- Vihaan (“First ray of sun”)
- Camari (“Crooked nose”)
- Dinah (“Avenged”)
- Ember (“Hot ashes”)
- Harlyn (No known meaning)
- Isa (“Devoted to God”)
- Rowen (“Red”)
- Zariah (“Flower”)
- Zaylee (“Dry”)
- Sena (“ ”)
- Thea (“Goddess, Godly”)
- Rhea (“Mother of the Gods”)
- Zuri (“White and lovely”)
- Ulani (“Cheerful”)
- Charlie (feminine) (“Man”)
- Clementine (“Clemency, mercy”)
- Lola (“Sorrow”)
- Beau (“Handsome”)
- Harrison (“Son of Harry”)
- Monroe (“From the mouth of the Roe”)
- Xander (“Defending men”)
- Silas (“Of the forest”)
- Rhoades (“A clearing in the woods”)
- Reed (“Red, clearing”)
- Arlo (“Fortified hill”)
- Otis (“Wealthy”)
- Sailor/Saylor (Sailor, as in the occupation)
Click to see our Full List of Unique Names and Meanings.
See our List of Unusual Names and Meanings.
See our wide List of Rare Names and Meanings.
If you’re not sure yet, check our Baby Name Categories.
Is your name Unique ? Add it to the comments below!
Our 20 New Baby Name Choices for 2017 2017 is a new year filled with a var...
Expecting a new baby boy to the family can really be excruciating - mesmeri...
Baby names inspired by William Shakespeare The vast quantity of names in S...
"What's in a name?"In this famous quote from Shakespeare's play "Rome...